Sleek Vintage Romance Palette - Guest Post from 'A Crush on Life'

Friday, 2 September 2016

As the first #GRLPOWR chat has come to a close, I'm feeling motivated and empowered to write this post (as well as conquer the world). 




A few days ago, I was in the midst of a little drugstore shopping spree, and I came across Sleek's Vintage Romance eyeshadow palette. If you know me, you know that I live for autumn (if you don't know me, you should read until the end) - so when I saw this palette filled with dusky purples and autumn golds, I knew I had to have it.
You can find Sleek eyeshadow palettes at Boots for £8.99, and I've found that they're usually hit or miss. Some are chalky, and some are smooth. I have to say though, I am thoroughly impressed with the Vintage Romance palette. Let's get into some swatches!



1. Pretty in Paris is a sparkly silver that layers nicely over the other colors. I tried it as an inner corner highlight, and it did the trick. Its one downfall is that it isn't as pigmented as the rest of the shades.
2. Meet in Madrid is a shimmery light gold. It's creamy (even though it's a shimmer) and it's extremely brightening.
3. Court in Cannes is my favorite of the shimmers because it's a really pigmented and gorgeous coppery shade. It makes me feel like dressing up in some chunky heel, and dancing the night away!
4. Lust in LA is a mix between the last two shades. It's a great transition color!
5. Romance in Rome is the one shade that I'm really not that thrilled about. The color payoff isn't amazing, I found this shade to be chalky, and blues don't suit my skin tone to begin with.
6. Propose in Prague is my favorite of the first row. It's an orange, brick-like matte shade, that reminds me of autumn, gingerbread lattes and cozy jumpers. I usually love wearing shades like this on their own, but I also enjoy using them as crease colors.


The second row of shades is a gorgeous mix of plums and purples, perfect for a playful smokey eye look!
1. A vow in Venice is a wine colored shadow that's extremely pigmented, and goes beautifully smooth.
2. Marry in Monte Carlo is a pink sort of shade. I had never considered coral pinks as prime eyeshadow colors, but this was a lovely shadow when it came to creating depth to my smokey eye.
3. Honeymoon in Hollywood is the most pigmented, bam, in-your-face shadow in this whole palette. It makes me feel like I drank a bottle of red wine, and I'm basically Beyonce now. It's an intense and buttery plum color!
4. Bliss in Barcelona is a cool toned purple, and again - one I wasn't too thrilled with.
5. Forever in Florence is such a dark purple that it tends to tint towards red. Again with the amazing autumn shades!
6. Love in London is your standard sparkly black shade - perfect for intensifying any look!

I've played around with these shades quite a bit, and I've found that this purple smokey eye is perfectly warm, and perfectly fierce for the upcoming autumn days. The golds and the plums really compliment each other, and I feel like this would be a great color palette for all eye colors. If autumn isn't the season to go bold - what is?

If you liked this review, be sure to check out my blog! You can find me at www.acrushonlife.com, where I post anything from beauty reviews, to intricate relationship posts! Thanks lovely #GRLPOWR ladies for giving me this awesome chance to collab. I'm off to run the world!

xo

Srna (aka acrushonlife)

2 comments:

  1. Great post! Loved the photos of the palette
    www.beccasloveforlife.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post! Loved the photos of the palette
    www.beccasloveforlife.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

GRLPOWR. Powered by Blogger.

About GRLPOWR

#GRLPOWRCHAT Member Badge

Follow @ Instagram

Hello beauties and Welcome to the #GRLPOWR Blog, A Blogger Community created by bloggers for bloggers! Here we aim to bring you post's on a variety of subjects from Beauty to Fashion and everything else inbetween. Check out our About me page for more info.

 photo tw_zpsd27c437c.jpg  photo tw_zpsd27c437c.jpg
Follow
Back to Top