Blogmas Day 15 : Top 6 Christmas Movies

Thursday, 15 December 2016

Ah Christmas movies. Always a tradition for my tv-obsessed family. One of my favourite things is grabbing one of the Christmas tv guides and seeing what will be on over the holidays. I’ll watch any Christmas-themed movie that comes out but the classics are classic for a reason. Well here they are.. I’ve listed my Top 10 Christmas movies, let’s see if we agree! 


1. Miracle on 34th Street (1994)
“A lawyer and a little girl must prove that a man claiming to be Santa Clause is the real thing.” - IMDb

Whilst I absolutely love the older 1947 version of this film, to me Richard Attenborough is Santa Clause. I remember walking into the living room years ago as my dad was watching it and becoming completely besotted with the whole thing. Now we watch it every year together. It’s such a beautiful film and it holds a special place in my heart. 


2. Home Alone (1990)
“An 8-year-old troublemaker must protect his home from a pair of burglars when he is accidentally left home alone by his family during Christmas vacation” - IMDb

I feel like if any movie reminds almost everyone on the planet of Christmas, it would be Home Alone. It’s madness in a movie and it truly is a classic. I doubt anyone reading this post hasn’t seen Home Alone but if you haven’t, get that sorted right now. It’s a movie full of fun, laughter and the essential Christmas spirit we should all feel at this time of year. 


3. Elf (2003)
“After inadvertently wreaking havoc on the elf community due to his ungainly size, a man raised as an elf at the North Pole is sent to the U.S. in search of his true identity.” - IMDb

I mean come on, who doesn’t love Elf? The only thing in it that freaks me out is Zooey Deschanel being a blonde (just weird) but other than that this is a hilariously funny movie with great heart and a wonderful focus on family and what Christmas really means. If you haven’t seen it yet, go go go!


4. The Santa Clause (1994)
“When a man inadvertently kills Santa on Christmas Eve, he finds himself magically recruited to take his place.” - IMDb

Okay so maybe the start of that description isn’t too cheery but I promise you, this film is brilliant. If there’s one thing that my family quotes non-stop at Christmas, it would be this movie. Tim Allen’s character is fantastically snarky and his belief that Santa doesn’t exist makes this a great film with a story other movies will have a hard time beating. Please give it a watch!


5. Love, Actually (2003)
“Follows the lives of eight very different couples in dealing with their love lives in various loosely interrelated tales all set during a frantic month before Christmas in London, England.” - IMDb

I had to. I just had to. I can watch this movie literally any time of year and being a Brit, I feel like I’m legally obliged to love it. I mean just look it up; it has a stellar cast with interesting stories and, as a sucker for romance, I can never say no to a bit of Hugh Grant’s mumbling. I know that this film is loved the world over and it’s definitely for good reason.


6. How the Grinch Stole Christmas (2000)
“On the outskirts of Whoville, there lives a green, revenge-seeking Grinch who plans on ruining the Christmas holiday for all of the citizens of the town.” - IMDb

Whilst this movie can be a bit cheesy, I can’t help but love Jim Carrey in this role - it was made for him! It’s got a great message about including everyone, no matter who they are, in the joy of Christmas and letting go of the material aspect of it all. However I have to say my favourite thing is just the ridiculousness of the Grinch, which makes this movie both heartwarming and genuinely funny. 

So there it is - my top 6 Christmas movies! There are so many more I could add to this list but these really are the ones I watch every year. I’ve already ticked off numbers 5 and 6! 

What are your favourite Christmas movies? Let me know!
Merry Christmas!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

GRLPOWR. Powered by Blogger.

About GRLPOWR

#GRLPOWRCHAT Member Badge

Follow @ Instagram

Hello beauties and Welcome to the #GRLPOWR Blog, A Blogger Community created by bloggers for bloggers! Here we aim to bring you post's on a variety of subjects from Beauty to Fashion and everything else inbetween. Check out our About me page for more info.

 photo tw_zpsd27c437c.jpg  photo tw_zpsd27c437c.jpg
Follow
Back to Top